Monday, November 17, 2008

Not So Hidden Treasure



I stayed up until 4:00 in the morning Saturday night, talking to some of my best friends, my sisters-in-law and Marlene. We were in Park City for the Dopp Girls Weekend, sitting around a cozy fire in our jammies, sipping the hot chocolate Michelle brought in a cute mug for each of us. I came a day late because of too many fun and exciting things going on at home, but I still got in on some great meals and a hard-core shopping spree at the outlets.

The thing about sisters-in-law is that when they're there all the time, you might not even notice how wonderful they are, how much you have in common, how much you worry about the same things, and how close you could be if you took the time. Marlene has wisdom enough for all of us, to get us safely through all our challenges. Together, the six of us are striving for the same things in life, molding our kids and keeping our lives in order, and we're doing it in pretty close proximity to one another. We might as well be doing it together. I'm thankful for these amazing women: Marlene, Michelle, Jennie, Jenny, Richelle and Nikki. They shore me up, they keep me grounded, they show me the way, and they have a lot of laughs doing it. I love you, girls!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

As Izzy would say, "We Lub you TOOOOO!" Thanks for giving me a ride home and making the weekend so fun. You are the best!

Michelle said...

Had an awesome weekend, if I'm awake at 4:00 a.m. there are no better people to do it with.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun group! SIL's are the best, I am glad I have mine back!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like it was so much fun. A great chance to get away with good friends and good conversations:)
Thanks for meeting us at Discovery today. It was fun.

Jenny said...

I don't stay up past 9 pm for just anyone you know! I really had fun too, but I dragged for a few days after.

Sarah Smiles said...

I totally agree, Michelle! I am thrilled to have you in close proximity to me! You are so awesome! You always make my day! :) Thanks.