Thursday, November 20, 2008

Opening Night

All the sparkle and glitter of the holidays comes early and with a flourish around here, with Nutcracker week. At any given moment, Tchaikovsky's suite is running in my head. It's not a bad soundtrack for the holidays. This is one of the best weeks of the year, when all our rehearsals and preparation pay off and the stage lights go up. I talked with "Clara" backstage tonight and asked her if she was having fun. She said humbly, "Yeah. It's a dream come true." And she meant it. I hope my girls appreciate the wonderful gift they have been given, this opportunity to dance in such a fine production of one of the great ballets, with an excellent orchestra and professional dancers around them. All the dancers were perfect and I was thrilled with my students, but one Oriental Servant and one little Buffoon had that certain je ne sais quoi...at least to me! Great job, Golda and Ruby!

Freestone tried on my backstage pass and took a tour of what happens behind the scenes.
Araceli can't wait until it's her turn to try out.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

What a great night! I hope all went well. I'm glad Lex and Grandma D. were able to see it last night. After this week is over, you deserve a hot bath, a chick flick, and HUGE bag of M&M's. You are wonder woman lady!

Sarah Smiles said...

Awesome! You look beautiful girls!

Lisa and Tate said...

I am so excited to be seeing this performance of the Nutcraker tonighy (Friday evening)!!!! I will be looking for you gals!!! I guess in ballet you would not want to say "break a leg"?

Looking forward Golda and Ruby!!

SSWS said...

It was BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe such a small town can put on such an incredible performance. Ruby and Golda were wonderful. I don't know if I've seen a more beautiful Snow Queen! Bravo to all of the amazing dancers, teachers, parents....and of course Clytie! Really got me excited for the holidays.

Michelle said...

WE are all so excited to come tomorrow!