Friday, November 21, 2008

Rock Star


Ever since they gave me a backstage pass for Nutcracker, I've felt overly powerful. My pass has a neck strap and says, "Unlimited Access." I love it, and I'm never taking it off. I can go anywhere I want! I have unlimited access. I'm going to flash my pass in stores that claim they don't have a bathroom. I'm going to use it to walk into the kitchen in slow restaurants to see where my food is. I'll wear in in a prominent place when I'm sneaking out of church during Sunday School. Well, now I don't have to sneak because I have unlimited access, and that includes the great outdoors during church. I'll never have to wait at the doctor's office. I'll just give the receptionist a smug glance as I breeze by with my pass. I can get on any airplane, any time and I never have to wait in line for anything. I'm a rock star. I might catch a flight right now to France and hang out with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

When I think about all the places I could go with my backstage pass, I'm content to think that I already have unlimited access to the best things life has to offer, and I don't even need special permission. I think I'll just stay right here where all the treasure is. Where would you go if you had "unlimited access?"

4 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Will you please mail me a copy of that pass. I need one of those. Tell Ruby and Golda that I loved the ballet they both did a great job. I am also glad to hear that Cade is not the only one that is running around crazy playing karate. I think that Clint's gradnparents wanted to kick us out of their house. They expected my 1 year old and 3 year old to sit on the coach for 2 hours and talk.

Christian said...

Makes me think of Wayne and Garth and their backstage passes! Let me know if you get to hang out with Alice Cooper one night...

Michelle said...

I love it! You are a total rock star as far as we are concerned! I can only imagine the fun that was going on backstage. And as always you have great perspective!

love.boxes said...

Hmmm. There are so many restricted places I would like to go. I think you are right though.. the treasure is just where we are, but for one day I would like to visit the Supreme Court and just see how everything works. I love how Mr. Rogers used to get into all those factories that made things like tooth brushes. I would like to go see things like that.