Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wordsmiths



I thought I'd show off some examples of my little wordsmiths' work. Words are so powerful and can be put together is such a beautiful way. Golda's Mothers' Day tribute was just what I wanted to hear. She put together in words, on paper that she made herself, some of my favorite things about being a mom.

Araceli writes heartfelt letters all the time. Her favorite word to use has always been "love." It's the first word she learned to spell. This letter to Ruby says, "To Ruby from Ari Dopp. I love you. You were boren in 1999. I was boren in 2001. I hav loved you sins I was boren. Love is all arawnd. I allwaze new ther was sumthing that you loved about me. You are a grate sister. I love the gatare. You sound grate on the gatare. Love..."

Ari's little letter gave Ruby a boost of happiness on the way to her guitar recital and it made a keepsake that I'll treasure as one on my favorites, just like Golda's Mothers' Day tribute. I love my little wordsmiths!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You have to keep them forever! I cannot tell you how loved we all felt going through my gram's stuff finding all the mother's day cards and such. There is something about a 50 year old handmade mother's day card that gets ya right there!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laurel said...

Wonderful!!!!

love.boxes said...

Beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved Ari's letter. That is a keepsake!!