Monday, October 31, 2011

The Costumes!

 Araceli was a witch at Venetian Carnivale.  Hence the mask.  Thanks for taking her shopping, Bill!

 Xanthe was Tinkerbell wearing last year's ballet costume.  She had to have a blonde wig because "Tinkerbell doesn't have black hair."
 Ptolemy was a "Tiny Ninja."  He was the cutest ninja ever.


 Mary Poppins!

 Poodle skirt that Coco made for Golda when she was in 5th grade.  We have really gotten some mileage out of this skirt!

When Ruby said she wanted to be Mary Poppins, I knew there was only one way to get a costume.  I called my mom and said, "I'm just waring you that I'm going to attempt to make Ruby a Mary Poppins costume and I'm probably going to be calling you to bail me out within 24 hours."  Then I waited.  Three hours later I got a text:  "Send Ruby over after school for a fitting."  The costume was in the works.  Bingo!  Thanks, Mom.  I think Ruby looked darling!  Coco was also responsible for Xanthe's second costume of the day, a mermaid get-up that Coco made for X and Esmae over the summer, just for fun.  So cute!  Oh, and Freestone was a kid in a black dress and blood-red makeup on his chin.  He said it was a vampire costume.  Hey, he was happy.  What more do you want!?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay Ruby was my favorite kid there! I loved her costume! I didn't even see Ari or Xanthe but now I wonder if maybe I just didn't recognize them!

Catherine said...

What great costumes! Mary Poppins was amazing!!

laurel said...

So fun! You all always do such great things.