Wednesday, October 26, 2011

L'Opera


 Photo shoot


Next stop, the Paris Opera House.  Scott and I laugh about this spot because we got in a fight on the steps in front of it.  He didn't want to pay to go in and see it and I did, I think.  The guy at the ticket counter was a typical Parisian, aloof and condescending.  We left the ticket office, got in our little tiff, and I went back to buy a ticket by myself.  The ticket guy flirted with me and said, "Mon Dieu!  You are alone?!"  Like he had a shot.  :)  I think I ended up buying tickets to a concert that night instead of a tour, and Scott and I enjoyed two hours of music sitting, literally, right next to the famous ceiling by Marc Chagall, since we were in the very last row way at the top.  Scott was right, the concert was way better than the tour.

This time, we spent a lot of time in the gift shop.  This is where the national ballet performs as well as music and opera, so there was a lot for Golda, Ruby and Ari to look at and think about.
 From the roof of Galleries LaFayette, we could see the whole city.  My camera was going through some sort of a blue period.
 Back of the Opera House. 
 Again with the rooftops!






 Inside Galleries LaFayette.  We didn't spend any time there other than to see the stained glass dome.  It was crowded and expensive, but we still appreciated the rest on the roof where we could sit down before continuing our journey. 


 After our rest, we caught a bus and went to lunch, then back to our neighborhood by way of Pont Neuf and a ton of tourist shops.  We had a lot of fun in those shops, looking for the perfect thing for Daddy and Freestone, Xanthe and Ptolemy.  There was one shop by our apartment that we kept calling "Ari's favorite shop" because she had to stop there every time we walked by.  We knew the owners as well as we knew our crepe guys by the end of the week!

I think Ari wanted to be the star.





 Trajan must have taken this picture.  He left a couple days later and took the Chunnel to England.  We missed him, but it was the only way he could get out of going to more tourist shops!



3 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Seriously have a pregnancy craving for crepes now. I wish I could go to Paris and have the real thing.

Ernstfamilyfun said...

Circe- have you ever seen the movie "A Room with a View"? This reminds me of that movie! (beware of crazy naked men running around in it if you haven't seen it!)

Julia said...

I loved all the views! And I loved your moms purple pants, how fun! Circe, the movie "A Room With a View" is romantic and the music is breathtaking, and the naked scene, it was my anatomy lesson a week before I got married. So, it is a very good romantic movie, just not really so for kids. I just didn't want you to think "Oh, kids, lets watch this movie". Although, while we are discussing naked men, I loved "Waking Ned Divine" The motorcycle scene!