Wednesday, October 26, 2011

In Golda's Words...Stolen from Her English Blog

Notre Dame
The organ pipes are so big and the sound coming from them is even bigger! All the complicated notes echoed in the high ceilings and around the Gothic stained glass windows. The choir voices were high and clear rang strong and angelic. It was such a neat experience!


 Eiffel Tower

Being on the top of the Eiffel Tower was so high and a little bit scary, but so amazing! The dirty turquoise river flowed below and the old castles and cathedrals almost glowed in the sunlight. The ivory exterior and golden dome of Sacre Coeur sparkled on its hill and the iconic buildings in the heart of France took my breath away.

 French Bridges
Standing on an intricate bridge from so many years ago, you see lazy water rippling underneath you and a huge clock counting down the minutes you get to spend in this magical place. Black street lamps emit yellow light and the stars are almost lost in the velvet expanse of shadowy sky.

Opera House

The huge curtain made of royal crimson fabric lifts away to reveal more red curtains trimmed with tons of gold. Balconies are detailed and adorned with sculpting of flowers, ancient designs and statues. Hundreds of seats face the stage and you can almost hear the absent audience clapping violently while the beautiful dancers take one last bow. The whole company gracefully runs offstage to the sound of their pointe shoes brushing the wood floor.

The Louvre

Walking into the building a glass pyramid suspends from the ceiling. You can see the front of the detailed ancient castle through the modern architecture of the pyramid. Traveling through hundreds of rooms, painting from previous centuries hang on the walls.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

I love your thoughts on Paris G. So pretty.

Circ, I can't believe all you were able to do and see. You guys really know how to pack a day full of fun. What an experience of a lifetime!

Julia said...

Are these really Golda's words? I want to be first on her list when she is published! What great talent! Circe, it was funny, your blogs are brought up some times when I am with my mom or Laura and my mom was talking about one of your blogs and I didn't quite know what she was talking about. My Mom said, "Don't you read her blog everyday? She is even posting while she is in Europe" It was really funny. So I am sorry I don't read them every day, I usually read blogs at night when I don't want to go to bed. I love them though!

Julia said...

Are those really Golda's words? I want to be first on her list when she is published! What talent! I felt like I was there, looking at what she was looking at.

Julia said...

Okay, just realized that I left a comment, thought it had been deleted, then reposted some of it, then realized "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." It is late. Love you, Julia (you don't need to post all 3 comments :) )