Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hammer Time



"Mine!"

Ptolemy trying to smile

The next day on our errands
"Don't take a ficture of me, Mom!"

Ever since the wrapping came off this toy Sunday night, construction has not stopped.  All the other kids wanted to hammer too, but I made a rule that only Ptolemy can do it.  The bigger kids are too aggressive (noisy!) with their hammering.  Ptolemy has been working, working, working on those pegs everywhere he goes.  Tap tap tap...tap tap tap...He patiently hammers each peg down, only to turn it over and start the process again.  I think he's ready to go to work for Uncle Clint's construction company!  

Surprisingly, I don't even mind the little taps.  It's just so cute to watch the concentration and dedication.  I hope the novelty doesn't wear off for awhile!  If you have a two-year-old, you might want to put one of these classics on Santa's list.  Thanks, Emily!  :)

2 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Tap tap tap is a small price to pay for a non-electronic addiction. My kids are toast. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I adore the fact that he is carrying it everywhere with him! Total dedication.