Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our Version of the Elf on a Shelf

Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus
Watch everything you do
Spying from their vantage point,
Seeing everything that's new.

Santa has to know his stuff
It's part of Santa's job
To know which child cleans her room
And which one is a slob!

He has to keep an eye out
To see if homework's done
He sees if you're complaining
And when you're having fun.

There's no hope for naughty children
With two sets of watchful eyes.
If Santa misses something,
Mrs. Claus still spies.

So be good, little children
Do everything that's right
And good things will be waiting
When you sleep on Christmas night.

But if you're sad and naughty
Christmas morn will dawn
With not a gift beneath the tree
Cause of things that Santa saw.

Be mindful of the presence
Of Santa and the missus
And be a little angel
So you'll have a merry Christmas!

These beautiful little dolls are our version of the Elf on a Shelf.  The poem is still a work in progress for my Shelter friends.  :)

Santa and Mrs. Claus and lots of other festive, hard-to-resist things are available here.




6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Were your parents the doll models? :) Truly, when the thumbnail-sized picture appeared in my blog roll, I thought that's who it was!

Michelle said...

So perfect! I knew you could come up with something, but that is better than I dreamed!

Michelle said...

So perfect! I knew you could come up with something, but that is better than I dreamed!

Jennie said...

I love it! Thanks so much for writing it. I'm going to read it to my kids tomorrow morning!

Anonymous said...

Too cute..you are so creative, loved the dolls and the poem..if it is a work in progress, be sure to post it when it is finished..I cannot imagine it getting better than this!. So fun. XO Tricia

love.boxes said...

I was feeling kinda low until I saw this. Thanks. Love you Circ!