Saturday, October 27, 2012

Get Candy!


 Cutest thing you've ever seen?  Wait until you hear the funny things he says.  Tonight it was, "Tizzy and Rolayne are SO cute.  And Abe and me are so NOT cute."  Another Ptolemy zinger was tonight when I was tucking him in.  I said, "I'm so glad we have you!  Before you were born, we didn't even have a Ptolemy in our family!  Can you even imagine?"  He said, "I was in Paris?"  Yeah, kinda like that.


One of the best reasons to have kids:  Pictures like this.  One of the best reasons not to have kids:  The sugar crashes that happen about 3 hours after pictures like this are taken.  But are they adorable or WHAT?  Ari was Little Pink Riding Hood and had, you guessed it, a pink cape with her costume.  Xanthe was an octopus because of the dangly things on the ballet costume.  I'm just glad the kids are able to be creative with the costumes we have.  Otherwise, they would all be dancers for every Halloween.  Octopus?  OK.
Freestone earned 16 points practicing today, which, according to the rules I was making up as we went along, was just enough to buy a Halloween costume with, except we never got around to it.  So he was a Dementor who found a mask in the cupboard above the microwave at the last minute.  I think we're getting carried away with the creativity here.  And Tziporah's mom almost forgot her costume.  She was Bambi.  No idea where the costume came from.  Can't believe it fit!  Scott and Golda dressed up as Utah Ute football fans.  And just to lend a legitimate air to their costumes, they actually went to the game.  Go Utes!
 Ruby in the car on the way from Nutcracker to the ward Halloween party...perfecting her "ballet dancer" costume with fake eyelashes.  She was going to be a Jellicle Cat, but she didn't have a tail and could only find one leg warmer.  And, since it's not 1989, I'm not sure how many people would get the reference.  Then again, how many people guessed that Xanthe was an octopus?
 So...I can just put ALL this stuff in my mouth!?!?
 "I'm just going to have this, OK?"
 Xanthe quickly had all her candy sorted into categories.  She gave me ALL of her Reese's.  I something wrong with her, or is she just really sweet?!  I told her she was my favorite child.
 Ruby and her friend Taylor used Tziporah to get candy.  I mean...they took Tziporah trunk-or-treating for her first time!  Aww...  I heard that Xanthe also used Tizzy for her own personal gain, asking people for "an extra one for my baby sister."  I swear, kids in large families get very resourceful about getting their fair (or not-so-fair) share!
I think we'll call it a night!  This reminds me of my all-time favorite Halloween story form Jerry Seinfeld.  We have the book, which is a classic, but it's also hilarious as a stand-up routine.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

laurel said...

Fabulous costumes!!!! Love how Freestone sleeps in his candy....a boy after my own heart.