Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm lucky because my birthday is at such a gorgeous time of year.  October 24 is always the kind of breathtaking day that makes you glad to be alive.  Today I'm celebrating by living my life.  Getting kids off to school, cleaning the kitchen, listening to toddler babble and baby babble, wrapping gifts for my dear friends who share my birthday, welcoming my mom back from her trip.

I don't want to be whisked off to a spa or sent away on a shopping trip.  Then I'd miss my birthday!  I want to be here, where my birthday is, celebrating with my favorite people.  Everyone says it's better to give than to get, which works out well if you're a parent because it's a hundred kinds of giving, 24 hours a day.  Which is why my birthday started with a 2 am feeding and will probably end with shooing kids off to bed at midnight.  I take that back.  My birthday really started last night when Ruby texted me from her bedroom, "Hey, it's already your birthday in Paris.  Happy birthday!"

You can't give without getting!  I'm so glad I'm here!

10 comments:

The homestead said...

Happy birthday. I love following your life through your blog. Our lives are so similar- both crazy:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog!. Happy Birthday to you again!..got to get all the wishes in I can!..Hope you are having a wonderful day, remember the day well when you were born!. We were all happy to welcome such a cute bundle of joy into the world and have enjoyed seeing you grow up into such a wonderful young, beautiful woman and mother, and all the other hats you wear. It is fun to celebrate being alive and all the blessings we enjoy and sharing it with those we love. Wish I was there to give you a hug!. Happy Birthday! and many, many more!. Enjoy today and every day!...XO Tricia

Nate said...

Happy Birthday Circe! What a wonderful post and the "better part" way to spend your birthday. SO right about the schedule though..no breaks ever, even during the night. You are one of my great heros! Thank you for the book. We had read it and loved it before we even knew there would be a third. Then after Kai came it seemed pretty prophetic. Glad we are experiencing parenting at the same time!

Jennie said...

Thank you for letting us share your b-day with you. What a fabulous afternoon. Love you so much!!! ps - I hope your evening was filled with not only taxiing children but also an exorbitate amount of chocolate. :)

Catherine said...

Happy, happy birthday friend!!! You have such a loving, giving heart and you are a blessing to all of us too. So happy we're friends!

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday, Circe!
We love you!
TN DeBrys

Ernstfamilyfun said...

Happy Birthday! We all love your blog and we love you!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday!! you are awsome!

Angela Bentley Fife said...

It's all perfect except cleaning the kitchen :)
Happy birthday!

laurel said...

I am glad you are here too! Happy birthday...late, but very sincere.