Monday, October 22, 2012

Our Last Day...Opera and Luxembourg Garden


 On our last day in Paris, we went to see the Opera House.  Remember Phantom of the Opera?  Story took place here.  It's such a beautiful building! 
 You don't see many old-school Roma beggars in Paris these days, but this woman was the real deal.  She was beautiful.

 Freestone finally found the perfect Swatch watch and bought it in this tiny store by the Opera.  He wanted it to have the date and numbers.  He loves it.


 Macaroons are all the rage.  They are tiny, expensive and semi-yummy.  I would rather have something extremely chocolatey.  And bigger!


 And we're back...to the glass shop.  I think we were calling this the last time.  But then we went back for the final time later that night.




 Freestone's creative photography
 I found out on this trip, from all the pictures, that I am older and uglier than I thought.  Bummer!






 The Luxembourg Gardens, at the palace built for Catherine de Medici, are gorgeous.  The grounds are like the Temple Square of Paris in terms of floral backdrops.  Had we been in Salt Lake, the place would have been full of girls in wedding dresses accompanied by photographers.  We did see quite a few wedding couples around town, but they were always in front of more famous backdrops.





 This is where I caught a pigeon!  We used a crushed baby cookie that I dug out of my pocket and the pigeons loved it.  While Freestone distracted them, I put my hand on one!  It was greasy and it started flapping its wings.  I was afraid of hurting the greasy little thing and spending our last day in France at a veterinarian's clinic, so I let go.  I had it though!  Scott, you owe me a hundred bucks.









 Trying to get a good shot of my parents that's potentially Christmas-card-worthy.  It's tough work!  They have the same problem I do:  the camera makes them look a lot older than they think they are.  :)
 At least this guy is photogenic!



 ...When he wants to be.
 Watching guys play chess


 This is for Golda and Ruby...the ballet store we visited.

 I take it back about all the pictures of Freestone being good.







 For our last supper, we got sucked in by a restaurant hawker.  They stand in front of their restaurants and try to lure you in with their charm.  This one lured us in with his three-course meal for fairly cheap.  It was just the kind of ambiance you hope for in Europe.  The food was delicious, the pace was relaxed.  I had French onion soup (only they just call it onion soup. ha ha.), spaghetti carbonara and creme caramel (flan).  Yum!!  We all had to take turns walking outside with Tziporah, but that in and of itself was a delight.  So many people stopped in their tracks to admire her.  One restaurant hawker just pinched her cheeks and tickled her.  It was amusing to see grown men transform into little kids when they interacted with Tizzy.  On the bus, one older gentleman was talking to her.  He said, "Just a  minute," and reached into his pocket and put on a fake nose!  A three-inch-long fake nose!  Just to get a laugh out of a baby.  That is so funny!

 Freestone looking at the Eiffel Tower through an Eiffel Tower glass keychain he bought.

 Since it was our last night, we stopped on Pont Neuf to watch the Eiffel Tower twinkle one last time.
And then we went home to pack Freestone's collection.  I wanted to stay longer! 

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I think your pics are beautiful! You are all so photogenic. You have some great pics of your parents too. Project xmas card was a success.

Shane and Kenzie said...

Oh Circe...you are amazing AND beautiful! I have loved reading all about Freestone's super duper awesome 10 year old trip. Do you think he realizes how incredible his parents are to take him on such an amazing adventure?
I just took a tiny flight out to California last week, and all I could think about was how you took the long flight to France when you were 7 months pregnant with Tizzy...how in the world did you do it?! Oh I look up to you in SO many ways... ;)

sws said...

I loved seeing all the pictures and reading about this wonderful trip! I can't wait to see the collection of glass that Free collected along the way. I am still fascinated by those handblown little objects. It's easy to see why Paris was smitten by Tizzy....and I have to argue with the "old" comments - you look fabulous! I have known you a long time and you truly have hardly aged and you have not lost your adventurous spirit! I love that you took this trip and can't wait to hear about the next adventure.

Nate said...

I have loved following your trip. Makes me a bit jealous though and brings back some memories from a long ago trip. I am so glad you could be there though and what a great memory for Freestone!

Catherine said...

First my friend, you are beautiful inside and out!

What an amazing trip! WOW!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!

I wonder where your next TYOT will take you??