Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's Chili

 Take a good look at the grass, because snow is in the mountains. The good news is that it's safe to make a crock pot full of soup, because the cold weather makes everyone hope for it when they walk in the door.
Here's what you do: Go to Bowman's and get... 1 5-pound package of ground beef
 1 huge can of kidney beans
1 huge can of diced tomatoes
1 head of garlic
1 bunch of celery
1 onion
 2 packages of taco seasoning and
1 big can of pumpkin

 Brown the meat, celery, garlic and onion, throw all of it in two big crock pots, because it makes a lot, and wait. Hours later, people will start coming in the front door and saying, "Oh, it smells so good! I was hoping you would make soup!" Some of the more adorable people might even say, "You make the best soup in the whole world!" And the best person might say, "I won't even eat chili unless it's yours, Mom." Awww, shucks. And here I am giving out my secret recipe for free. Now you can all be Ari's favorite person! Oops, I just gave it away, the secret to who my favorite child du jour is. Not to fret, all you other kids. Obviously, it doesn't take much to get into that Number One spot. Just a gratuitous compliment here and there.

I'm starting to slowly feel like King Pigglebottom! He looks mighty precarious on that ball, though. And I did forget about Pack Meeting last night, although that was probably on purpose, at least on a subconscious level.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something....what did you do with the pumpkin? Is it in your chilli?

Marilyn said...

OOh, yum--I'll have to try your secret recipe.