Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Digging In


With Labor Day in the books, Ruby began her first day of school at Career Path High.  In some ways , it seemed like the first step in the proverbial journey of a thousand miles.


And then another journey began.  Ptolemy's first day of preschool at Trampoline School with Miss Sharla.  All of our kids have spent at least a year in the happy environment of Sharla's school.  Ptolemy remarked later, after he got home, "Well, I sure had fun at my preschool!"  When I look at Ptolemy, I can see a man in there.  For now, I am so grateful he is still little enough to be my baby boy.
Then came my turn to host Shelter.  I was so glad I didn't have to go anywhere, just had to open my door and wait for the conversation to flow.  The kids had set the table, Scott went to the store for me and Coco unloaded the groceries.  I am so spoiled!  And that was before my friends even arrived!  More spoiling followed.  Aaaaahhhhhh!

Salad, turkey pesto paninis, German chocolate cake.
 Somehow, we have two dozen ballet classes a week.  I love it, and I love that this picture is our reality:  Waiting outside the studio because sometimes it's better than going home and coming back.  On Tuesday, we have ballet pick ups and drop offs at 3:30, 5:00, 6:00, 6:30 and 7:00.  Some days, I have to carpool, but the truth is, I would rather do all the dropping off and picking up myself.  Since that's not possible, I'm grateful for Scott and Coco and Bill and everyone else who makes our life work.  Yesterday, I hogged all the ballet runs and got to watch a torrential rainstorm by myself AND a movie in the car with Ptolemy and Tziporah.  I love being in my car so much that I still cry whenever I hear one of the songs from our road trip soundtrack.  It's my happy place.
The evening ended with quite an exclamatory sunset, viewed from our back porch.  Can you believe the exclamation mark nature created to punctuate the majesty of the evening sky?  Amazing!



4 comments:

Jennie said...

Thanks for hosting. It was a beautiful afternoon. I love all the pics of the kids and I also love the new header on the blog. That turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Love your new picture on your blog, great blogs the last two days. Always great to read your thoughts and your goings on! even with your foot surgery. The exclamation point picture was great! Like saying, "This is the way to end a day." (probably wrong punctuation, sorry!)xo Tricia

Shane and Kenzie said...

I love how you see the detail in everything...I never would have noticed the exclamation mark!

laurel said...

So great. Your kids are so awesome.