Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Good-bye Seven, Hello Eight


This is the last picture of Araceli taken while she was seven. It's a great picture because the flowers that look like they're sprouting out of her head are symbolic of the wonderful ideas and inspirations that flow out of her continually. She is a beacon of light that sometimes turns into a firecracker. Or a forest fire. The next few days will be filled with a firestorm of birthday activities, starting last night with heavenly Birthday Eve apple pie from Jennifer and today with breakfast in bed from Golda and a package on the doorstep from Coco. Eight promises to be magical. My "gift" to Araceli last night was reciting the poem I wrote on my eighth birthday. After I wrote this little gem, my parents and all the adults around me praised me to such an extent that I thought I was a poet for a good 15 years until I realized I...wasn't. But here it is, because Ari thinks it's funny:

Good-bye seven, hello eight.
I hate to leave you, you were so great.
Good-bye seven, hello eight.
It seems I caught you with a fishing bait.
Good-bye seven, hello eight.

Yes, very profound. Happy birthday, little Ari. We love you!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy birthday Ari! We love you! It's so great to be eight! Oh, and Circ, you truly are a poet!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ari! I love the poem and the flowers coming from Ari's head:)

Jennie said...

Circ, I love your poem. It reminds me of the time in Kindergarten when I wrote:

Fishy, Fishy in a brook
Daddy caught you with a hook.
Mommy fried you in a pan.
Baby ate you like a man.

Until..... I later realized I didn't write it. I only memorized. I hate when our child genius inner self disappoints. :)
Loved your poem though. See you are the real deal. Not a copy cat like me. :)

Ari! Happy Birthday! What a beautiful picture. Those eyelashes! Wow! I have always thought you were simply beautiful. I told your mom that every time I held you as a baby. Now that you can talk and interact with us, I think you are beautiful on the outside and the inside. Have a wonderful day. We love you!

Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARI!
Hope you have a magical day, we love you!!

Michelle said...

Love that poem! Hope you have a magical birthday Ari!

Circe said...

Happy birthday Ari I hope you have a good birthday. I can't believe you're turning eight. From ?

Jennifer said...

Just today Elise said to me, "Wouldn't it be funny if we could say, 'Goodbye, seven?'"

I love that you still have this poem. Who was the chronicler, you or your mom?

Yes, Ari, you are a beautiful girl. Happy birthday!

Maria said...

I totally thought you were singing "A chorus Line" and laughed but then I read the post. I can't believe Ari has grown up! She is beautiful. Happy Birthday Ari!!!

David said...

Circe, when I saw the title of the post, I thought you were announcing another baby :). Happy Birthday Ariceli.
Love, TN DeBry's

love.boxes said...

I think your 7 year old poem IS indeed brilliant. Happy Birthday A! This is a very wonderful year and you are going to love it!