Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Girls' Camp at Heber Valley was restful, peaceful, fun and spiritual.  I loved being with the girls, especially my own.  The food provided was wonderful, and we didn't even have to help with it.  Heaven!!  The whole experience was precious.  I gained a lot of insight.  My favorite part was our Jesus the Christ experience.  Long before camp, our amazing camp director assigned each girl and leader a chapter to read and study from Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage.  Parents actually complained to the leaders that the assignment was too hard!  Seriously?  One chapter of a beautiful book that is widely beloved by Latter-day Saints?  The girls didn't complain, though, and they came ready with their little chapters highlighted, some with pages of notes on their thoughts and feelings.  We broke into four study groups.  My group impressed me with their prayerful preparation and interest in the topic.  We were able to have a powerful discussion.  I'm here to tell you that the next generation is in good hands with these beautiful young women.

I have to thank Aunt Michelle and Scott for taking such good care of the kids while I was gone.  The first day, Scott took Ari, Free, Xanthe, Ptolemy and Jake to the zoo AND a movie AND the pool.  He might just be the best dad ever.  The rest of the week, Michelle kept them safe and loved making cinnamon rolls, visiting the dollar store, doing puzzles, playing in the hose, etc.  Each night, Scott took them to the pool.  He finally realizes why I love the pool in the evening so much.  It's serene.

For more on camp, Golda says it all...with pictures.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope Brittany has as great an experience! So glad you all had fun and are home safe!

Jennifer said...

Really? Parents complained? Glad you had a great time, and glad my daughter has such a wonderful leader!

Nate said...

A great reminder that youth will rise and excel to higher expectations. What a great assignment and discussion. Camp looked so fun! Also read the previous post from Tiffany's blog. My heart goes out to all with a family member with disabilities trying to navigate government assistance for them. So right, it doesn't make sense and it doesn't meet the needs.

Kristi said...

Girl's camp is the best, and possibly even more fun as a leader? IMHO, of course. Glad you had a good time. :)