Sunday, July 31, 2011

Heads Up! Seven Up! Update

Seven's up.  The seventh child in our family.  I know, you're thinking, "But I thought..."  Yeah, that's what we thought too.

OK, I accidentally published that as I was walking out the door to church and just noticed it.  Oops!  It sounded like we weren't excited, but we are.  I wasn't finished!!

Later, when it's not late at night, I'll tell you all about how I always felt like somebody was still missing after Ptolemy was born and about how we were 99.9% sure we could never have another baby and how it would have been crazy to try at 40, so we didn't.  And really, when is SIX kids not enough??  When the Lord gives you seven, that's when.  We are thrilled and terrified and have the general sense that we're on the uphill climb of a never-ending roller coaster.  But we can't wait to meet this extraordinary spirit.  We feel her or his spirit so strongly already, it seems to just make sense that this baby is coming to our family.  I can't tell you how profoundly grateful I feel.

13 comments:

Nate said...

Oh may goodness!! I am so happy for you and your family. A child is such an incredible gift. It astounds me every day that God entrusted me with three children. You are such great parents and she will be so lucky! And you are really blessed times seven.

laurel said...

Wow. So excited for you. Congratulations! You are quite the woman. I would be bawling. Obviously, this was meant to happen, at my house not so much. I dreamed the other night we had a fifth kid, but I kept forgetting his name, where he was and that I even had him. Obviously, we are done. You guys are great! So awesome you could tell your family wasn't done yet. What a blessing!!!

Michelle said...

I still say lucky, lucky kid! And thanks for taking care of my baby-fix for at least another couple of years!

C and MC said...

Woot Woot! I love it! Congrats. If I was in heaven still, I would be begging to come down and join your family, you really can't blame this baby for wanting in.

Eliza2006 said...

CONGRATS!!!

Jennifer said...

Don't forget: you are a VERY young 39. I love how Marianne put it. Lucky child indeed. Congratulations!
(I'm commenting again because this news is so amazing!)

love.boxes said...

Song for a Fifth Child (or a 7th in this case... Many Congratulations Circ!)
by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

Amber said...

Congrats!! I'm happy for you! Seven really is a good number!!

Catherine said...

Oh wow!!! SOOOOOOO super excited for you! Cannot wait to meet your new addition! So many questions but I know you'll post more details as you're able.

For now....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Kristi said...

I am so thrilled for you and your family! You are such amazing parents, I think you should have dozens of children.

I'm excited to watch this unfold, and can't wait to see a new little Dopp baby. Congrats, congrats!!

Amanda said...

Wow! If anyone can do it, you guys can! What a lucky little guy or girl to be born into such a fun family! Congratulations!!!

Michelle said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! Now you should change your blog title to "Dopp Party of 7+ 2 Parents...Somewhere".

You guys are amazing! Thanks for the example.

Ernstfamilyfun said...

Holy Cow! Awesome! I am so excited for you!