Wednesday, July 25, 2012

24th



We timed the Chuckwagon breakfast perfectly so that we were dining on pncakes and eggs at the exact same time the rain started.  It cleared up right as we were leaving.  We didn't mind the rain because, for one thing, it wasn't hot, and for another thing we weren't at the Pioneer Day parade in Salt Lake.  Golda and the DHS band marched in the parade.  I don't know what came over Scott, but he offered to take the kids to the parade while I stayed home for the breakfast with my dad.  It worked out perfectly for me!  And Scott survived.

The home bodies watched Golda's segment of the parade on TV.  They cut to commercial just as the DHS band came onscreen.  They came back after the band had passed by.  Seriously!?!  Oh well...it serves me right for not bucking up and going to the parade.

Scott and I took a batch of kids to the pool and lounged around until it was time to change venues.  Then we got the kids loaded up and went to Grandma and Grandpa's to lounge around while the kids drenched the back yard with sprinkler toys and a slip n slide.  I love that we Utahns get this extra holiday, positioned just right on the calendar for lots of summertime fun.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

LOL! Tizzy does not look impressed with eating breakfast in the rain even though Xanthe is having a great time.

Poor Golda! That exact same thing happened to us when I was in high school. Is Golda's band the one that is going to be in the Rose Bowl Parade?

Sounds like it was a fun day in spite of the rain!