Monday, July 16, 2012

Pick a Little Talk a Little

The quality and quantity of photos that I took this weekend is inversely proportional to the fun we had.  This is the only picture.  I think I snapped it by accident reaching for one (or five) of Tiffany's World Peace cookies.  It must have been an amazing weekend, huh?  Yes, it was.  My Shelter girls and I talked for 50 hours straight, interrupted only by a couple of hikes, a couple of meals and a concert at Deer Valley.  Actually, none of those things necessarily interrupted the discussion.  As promised, here are the random "quotes" I texted to myself so we wouldn't forget.

We're having Shelter Time Warp -Michelle
There is such a thing as too much ABBA.  -Sarah
The atonement can change history.  -Tiffany
3 cups flour, half tsp yeast, tsp salt, 1.5 cups water.  Let sit overnight.  -Tiffany. 
Who I am is why your life works.  -Jennie
Put some paint on your brush and start!  -Tiffany

How can seven old friends talk for 50 hours straight and still think of things they forgot to cover when they get home?  I don't know, but I have a list of topics for next time.  The only thing better than getting away is coming home to an immaculate house and fresh flowers on the table.  Scott is the best!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Love it. Wish we were still there. :)

Michelle said...

I wish I was still there too! It was one of my best weekends ever!