Monday, July 2, 2012

Pictures from the Epic Family History Road Trip

On the way to Manti, we stopped at Paul and Rita's Fountain Green home.  My cousin Stewart was there and we got to say hi.
 Can I have summa dis, guys?  At the Manti Pageant
 The whole cast of characters
 Manti Temple
 Friendly anti-Mo's preaching God's love



 In Richfield getting ready to hit the road
 Day Two of my purple shirt
 And here we are at our destination!
 Getting attacked by giant ants.

 The woman we met in Kingston shared some photos with us.
 The original King home.
 Antimony Cemetery

 Ari found some flowers on the side of the road.

 Looking at graves and rocks.

 Lots to think about.

 I had to back up in the middle of the road and said something about watching out for oncoming traffic.  Ruby said, "Oooh, oncoming traffic.  Yeah, better watch out for that."  As demonstrated here, there was very little oncoming traffic anywhere.
 See?  One road, one car.
 Bryce Canyon State Park.  Breathtaking.
 After seeing all the tiny tombstones, I hugged this little one even tighter.






 Thinking about ballet.  Surprise, surprise.

Quoth the raven, "I've posed for a picture, now give me some food."  Nevermore, raven.  It's prohibited.


I'll take this view any day

Guarding Cove Fort
 Pointing out landmarks in Cove Fort
 State House in Fillmore, Utah (Purple shirt, day three.)
 Back to civilization in Park City, where Scott had peanut M&M's waiting.

 Thanks for everything, Dad!  You do your ancestors proud.
 Relaxing at the end of the trip.  Do you miss my purple shirt?  It was finally in the wash at this point.  I'm glad we have extra clothing at the Ranch.
 What?  The car?   Not the car again!  Not for awhile, Tiz.  Probably.

5 comments:

Shane and Kenzie said...

This just depicted one of my favorite trips! Okay, you might have accomplished a lot more than I ever have, but Shane and I LOVE to head down to Bryce Canyon for camping, and we always stop at Cove Fort on our way. In my opinion, Bryce is the most beautiful national park in Utah!
PS, I loved the purple shirt. Looks a lot like my outfits now-a-days! Did I see the purple wonder on you today too? ;)
Love you Circ!

Nate said...

What a great family road trip. I loved the picture of you laying in the road to demonstrate the heavy traffic. Great scenery and nice way to connect with your ancestors:)

love.boxes said...

Bryce Canyon is amazing. Zibs new bow is awesome.. Ruby's arms are perfect!! What a great trip!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip and pictures! Loved hearing about it and the stories that went with the pictures. Glad you did it! It is good to connect the dots between us and our ancestors and how they made it possible for us to be where we are today. Xo Tricia

Ernstfamilyfun said...

How fun! I think we just missed you in Ft. Green by a week or two!