Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy Hundredth, Opa!

 My grandfather's hundredth birthday was August 3.  He has been gone since 1986, but we know he is close at hand, guiding us and protecting us through this life.  So we celebrated his life and his influence in ours by...eating chocolate!  Opa loved chocolate.  Rita and her family put on a spread of chocolate that strengthened my belief in heaven.  Because if Opa wasn't somewhere really, really heavenly right now, he would have definitely come back from the dead to partake of this beautiful array of chocolate. 
 The party was at Uncle Jim and Aunt Da's house in Holladay.  Da makes the BEST pad thai and the best mangoes and sticky rice.  She and Jim worked hard to host.  Thank you!

Marla and Spencer and Bre's son, Ryder

Uncle Jim
All the desserts sported Dutch flags.
Ben and Nayeli, Scott and Tziporah

Nayeli, Athena, Mark, Nana Ruby


Spencer and Dan's wife Judith
Kylee and Karen

Athena, Gabe, Paul and Emily

I won't even attempt to name everyone!



Dot and Rita
Felshaw, Mary, Nana and Paul
Spencer and Karen
A DeBry's best friends.
Jamison and Bob
Jonathan and Ben
The twins, Mark and Mary, Nana, Paul, Jim.  the only sibling missing was Patricia, who passed away.


Scott and Mike, talking about music
Tizzy and Jessie
Tizzy, Circe, Emily and Gabe.  Emily and I were pregnant at the same time.  She lives in Florida, but we keep in touch through our blogs.  I love that we are able to do that!  Emily, as well as my other cousins, are good examples to me of love and kindness.  I am so grateful and blessed to be a DeBry!

2 comments:

laurel said...

What an awesome and amazing b-day!!!!

Ernstfamilyfun said...

Yea! I am so happy to be in the picture of the family party! It was GREAT to see everyone!