Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Oreos=Love

These 12-packs are only $1.99 at Bowman's.  That's super-cheap for 12 bags of refined carbs and sugar.  I had my cart so loaded yesterday that the lady behind me was all googly-eyed.  I said to her, "And this is just for today!"  When she found out the price, she had to go back and fill up her own cart.  So ha!

Yes, I used to be a purist with my kids' food.  Golda ate kidney beans for a snack, for heaven's sake, while all the other kids were having fruit snacks.  Oh, how the mighty have fallen.  I was seduced by the shiny, colorful packaging and the siren call of sweetness and lard.  Besides, those people who grind their own organic baby food and shop at Whole Foods just so they can hemorrhage more money at the grocery store than the rest of us, they are just annoying.  They make me want to corner them in the quinoa aisle and shove toaster strudels down their throats.  Ptolemy cried yesterday for "little tiny s'moreos" for breakfast, and I gave them to him.  Tolly calling Oreos s'moreos was just too cute to resist.  "S'moreos" are whole foods...shape-wise, anyway.  They're round, aren't they?

If any of this loot is still left when school starts, my kids will at least have one thing in their lunch, even if it has little to no food value.  So go, run to Bowman's and stock up on junk.  Your kids will love you!

As soon as I typed that, I knew my kids would need lots of therapy later in life, to combat their equating motherly love with Oreos.  I'll start a savings plan for that.  Oh, wait, I just spent all my money on Oreos.  Love ya, kids!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Mmmm....Oreos!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Love it. And very impressed that you still have a box of
Spring Oreos in the mix. They are
builiding a Whole Foods near us
and I'm going to walk in there with a Happy Meal box from Mickey D's. The whole universe may implode.

Jennie said...

The shower looked so fun. How can you go wrong when there are cake bites involved? :)

Oreos.... Yum! My favorite. The only problem with going to Bowmans is that when I walk in the door of that store, I can't leave unless I have a mint chocolate doughnut in my hand.

Doughnuts + Oreos.... I'm in trouble!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!..you could top it off with a glass of milk for dunking and then it would be healthy!...nothing better than oreos and milk or maybe Little Sandies like BGolda used to get!...enjoy every minute of it!..xoTricia P.S. Loved the breakfast part about Ptolemy!...sounds like a healthy breakfast to me!.

Michelle said...

Dang! Now I can hear Oreos calling me from Bowmans!

Kristi said...

Perfect for packing in lunches. Unfortunately, by the time I made it to Bowmans they were cleaned out!

Ernstfamilyfun said...

in the quinoa isle-LOL!