Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Here, Let Me Bore You Some More

New additions to the travel room:  Yellowstone pillow that someone left at the violin shop and wall stickers listing places in New York and Paris.  Also, our hot air balloon pictures.  I need someone to bring me two nails.

But wait, there's more!  You also get to see pictures of our new couch!  $300.00 on KSL for virtually the same thing we wanted to buy at RC Willey for $700.  Huh?  Huh?  Do I hear oohs and aahs?  It is verrrrry comfortable, and even has an ottoman.  Something we haven't had for several years, since I sold ours on KSL because it was worn out.  (Thanks to Clint who provided moving services!)

Notice Ptolemy jumping off the couch.  I don't think there is a good way to keep kids from doing this.  I remember some pretty elaborate couch-jumping projects when I was a kid, not to mention the piles of pillows we set up when we jumped off the top bunk!  Horrors!

And ALSO, you didn't think I would leave Xanthe without a room did you?  Coco and Bill gave her a horse for Christmas, so I dug out some of Ruby's old art, which I happen to love, and - we have a horse room.  It needs some work, but it's fun.
Actually, bring me three nails.
And a picture to go in this frame.  Of a horse.
See all the little horses?  (Thanks to Tiffany's Kentucky Derby party last year!)

The blanket Michelle Fitz made for Baby Xanthe just matches, as does the pillow Grandma made.  Coincidence?  I don't think so! :)  But don't you think some of the walls should be pink?  Just kidding, Scott.  no really, I am not at the paint store.  Don't text me.
This is Xanthe rubbing her panda blankie between her fingers.  It's her nighttime ritual.
I love those smiling eyes!

And these smiling eyes.  A man in his cave.  It doesn't get any better...even if Notre Dame lost to Alabama and Scott hates the Tide.  I probably got that wrong.  I wasn't really listening.  :)  I was thinking about my plans for Ptolemy's nursery.

7 comments:

sws said...

Love, love, love all the redecorating! Beautiful new red sofa - we need this color to fight off our grey inversion. Keep up the good/fun work. :)

Taylor Family said...

Love all the rooms I will have to go shopping with you next time. The couch looks awesome next time call if you need help picking it up.

The homestead said...

Thanks for "boring" us some more. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Great decorating!. Love everything, are you going to just keep going through every room? Just kidding!...you are on such a roll, your house looks beautiful with the new sofas, paintings, and all. It looked awesome before you started! And what a find for your new sofa!. You always find a deal!. XOXO Tricia P.S. Tell Scott my Irish Eyes were not smiling either!. Sorry they lost!

Nate said...

Fun decorating. I like Xanthe's eyes too:)

Catherine said...

All your coves and caves look awesome! Such a warm, welcoming home!!

At Christmas my brother finally confessed to his boys that is jumping down the stairs (which he strongly discourages his own boys from doing) caused such stress on the floor in our parents home that they had to actually replace the landing floor for fears that one jump too many would land him in the basement!!

Catherine said...

PS - I have a climber/jumper too. Teaching them to be safe is so much easier and more effective then trying to stop them!!