Tuesday, January 1, 2013

You Can't Make Me






I'm mad.  I wrote a whole bunch of stuff on my New Years Eve post and it's all gone.  I can't imagine where it went.  And it was intriguing, too, about how we all got sick after Christmas and how it was so relaxing.  And how Scott and I suddenly had a spontaneous New Years Eve party, and how I saw that cool Harvard Law, Just Kidding shirt on Nor's blog, and then Trajan ordered them for us to make my dad laugh.  Where did all my drivel go?

And I'm also mad because stupid real life starts tomorrow and I still have chocolate to eat.  I was sitting in a hot bath, eating cookies, when I looked down and there was an enormous insect on my thigh!  I freaked out and flailed around, trying to escape the deadly beast, when I realized it was a piece of a gingersnap.

When you're mistaking cookie crumbs for deadly insects, you know it's time for the vacation to end.  But that doesn't mean I'm happy about it.  I would really rather stay home and make pillows with the kids, never out of reach of a plate of fudge.  I would rather it snow those big flakes all day long while we stay inside in flannel and mix things with egg nog.  I would rather my tiny baby nap dreamily in her Christmas sleepers than go and grow a whole 'nother year older.  I would rather spin our new world globe and google airfare just for fun than venture out into the world where you have to take off your slippers and put on real shoes.

I'm so mad.  My new years resolution is to be more of a jerk, and I'm going to start the minute I see a homework packet.  No, I'm going to start now.  I'm not kidding.  I can't believe, just when we found nirvana, we have to leave.  Who is going to stay here in this magical land and finish off the Coke nog and the peanut butter balls?  Did you hear me?  There are PEANUT BUTTER BALLS STILL LEFT!  I WON'T GO!  I WON'T GO!!!


3 comments:

michelle said...

Me either I have been so grumpy all day about it I think I ruined the last day! My approach to the treats is to eat so much I make myself sick and then it will be easier to give them up! And I read that post! I liked the note to yourself to plan something spontaneous next year on new year's eve. So weird! where did it go?

Anonymous said...

So funny Circe!...especially the ginger snap insect!...I agree it all comes to an end way too fast..there out to be a law keeping all the fun and excitement of Christmas on earth for at least two to three full, or four weeks!..xo

Ernstfamilyfun said...

LOL!!! You are great- I love it! I am not getting back to real life till Monday- cause my kids don't go back to school till then- and I have a whole bunch more junk food I want to eat too!