Thursday, January 3, 2013

We're Back



My proposition did not pass the House or the Senate.  The kids went to school and got homework, I taught ballet and violin, Ruby carried our her church responsibilities all night, Ari battled a long division worksheet for the better part of the evening and Scott and I waited up for Golda to return from California!  Hooray!

The nail in Christmas Break's coffin was a violin lesson at 7 am this morning.  We're back.  It made me feel better that the lesson before us, the 6:15 lesson, was a band kid.  She had to have been less ready than we were to go back to the grind!

I must say, lessons this morning rejuvenated me, proving my theory that if I'm weary, more effort, not less, makes me feel better.  A few days ago, as I sipped hot chocolate under a blanket and watched the falling snow, I thought, "What is it all for?  Why are we doing all these music lessons and working so hard?"

Now I remember.  I love this stuff, and I want my kids to learn discipline.  Game on.  We're back.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Back to your busy life! I like Zanthe's hair.

michelle said...

Of course you are! I have come to terms with it too and had a great day yesterday with our routine back in place. I am pretty glad to hit the weekend again though!

Catherine said...

Ah yes, early morning lessons. I loved my 7am lessons. Sadly can't convince any of my parents to opt for an AM lesson time. Might need to try harder!

The break sure is nice but I'm glad to hear you're happy to be back to routine. You're a great mom!!