Friday, July 4, 2014

Almost Famous

 Sarah and Roland and the boys are in town from Miami, staying in Park City.  Their visit gave me the perfect opportunity to finally see my friend Angela's exhibit at Terzian Gallery.  I love Angela's style, and I'm proud to say we're friends.  Even more exciting, and something I brag about all the time, is that she used a photo I sent her for this painting of Nyhavn, in Copenhagen.  Truly, it's annoying how much I brag about that, as if it made me cool.  Anyway, Angela's exhibit was inspiring to see, and now I can brag even more:  "Yeah, I know Angela Bentley Fife.  In fact, she gave me some fruit leather today at Cherry Hill because her kids wouldn't eat it.  So we're tight."

But I digress.  Just when I thought I was cool, I pulled up to Stein Ericksen in a minivan full of kids and asked where I could park.  "It's all valet from here, ma'am."  Well.  How am I supposed to gracefully get a bunch of kids, a stack of pizzas and a pile of swim gear out of the four corners of my car while a guy patiently waits for my car keys?  I'll just tell you, "graceful" did not play into the scenario, nor did "speed" or "agility."  I bet they hate when locals in minivans soil the rarefied air at Stein Ericksen.  I should have mentioned that I know Angela Fife, the artist.  And that her car is very clean.
Can I tell you how glad I am that Tricia found Jim and annexed him into the family?
He is generous and funny, and he always brings the beer for the kids.
Just kidding...it's a Jim joke. :)
 We finally tracked down Roland and Sarah, and popped our pizzas into their oven.  Tricia and Jim brought Tasty donuts to complete the meal, after which we adjourned to the pool.  I had left Ptolemy's floatie suit in the car, which was somewhere in the bowels of the magnificent lodge.  Upon getting in the water floatie-less for the first time ever, Tolly immediately started screaming, "Mom!  I'm drowning!  I'm drowning!!"  I calmly reminded him, "You're holding onto the side."  He felt better after borrowing Rolayne's pink floatie, even if "everyone was looking at him."  (P. S., before I forget, Sarah, I accidentally stole Alex's slinky.  I blame it on the pressure of trying to hide/camoflage Ptolemy after he had stripped down to just his underwear in the lobby because he didn't want to be in wet clothing.  Who wears underwear with a swimsuit?  Ptolemy, thank heavens!)
 It's beautiful where the rich and famous lounge, isn't it?
The next morning, I woke up to this equally breathtaking view right on my own back porch.  And I didn't even have to pay a valet.

No comments: