Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Badajoz Bowling League


 It was Taco Tuesday at Station Park, and I took a group of kids there to walk around the shops and see the fountains.
 Ptolemy was more intrigued by the giant cupcakes, and since he hadn't eaten anything for over 24 hours, I thought he should have whatever he wanted.  Poor kid isn't up to snuff yet.
 I left the kids at Station Park for tacos while I went to see Dr. Flitton. (Ptolemy snapped quite a few pictures when I wasn't paying attention!)   Remember when I twisted my foot?  Well, it's still messed up.  As it turns out, there's a key ligament that's broken.  Not all the way broken.  It didn't snap off a piece of the bone with it or anything, as the doctor pointed out, but some fibers are broken, hence the knot on the top of my foot and the pain that "lights me up" (Dr. Flitton's words) whenever it gets bumped by a kid.
He wrapped it up in tape and told me to leave it on for about a week, then come in and get it rewrapped.  Sure.  It's already wet and covered in grass stains.  It's SUMMER!  Tape is all you got?  Modern Medicine can't come up with something Cherry Hill-proof for my foot?
And what about bowling?  Rental shoes?  You think I'm going to be happy walking around for a week with bowling shoe rental germs on my foot tape?  Even with the rental shoe germs, bowling was great fun.  All summer, Fat Cats has all their activities for 99 cents.  We might have to go back and improve our bowling skills for that price!  I think all six of us had a combined score of less than 300.  And that's with the guard rails up.
 Victor wasn't too bad!
 Ptolemy wasn't either, except it took his ball five minutes to get to the pins, where it apologized before gently pushing over a couple of them, just to make a good showing.
Tape:  covered in bowling shoe germs, wet from the waterslides and muddy from the grass.
 Victor, Ruby and Golda watched a movie in the cool basement while I paid Freestone 25 cents a run to take Tizzy on the dragon slides.  He made $1.75, so of course we had to stop at The Haj to buy a card game he has been saving up for.
 We got home from Cherry Hill just in time for me to drop off the teens at a church activity.  When I got home from a baby shower late that night, they were still up talking.  And they were STILL up talking when Scott and I went to bed at 11:30.  So I'd call that a successful evening, even if I'm not entirely sure what they did!  We are loving having an extra son in the house.  Thanks, Altieris!

2 comments:

michelle said...

I'm glad you got some answers but I do wish he had given you more than tape! We missed you at lunch but it looks like a good day!

Jennie said...

Oh dang. I'm sorry to hear about your foot. No fun! I hope the tape does the trick. Thanks for the tip about bowling. What a deal!