Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Park City

 Chloe and Olympe are cousins.  Chloe on the left is the daughter of a friend of mine, Genevieve.  Genevieve was my French tutor in 1986 when I lived in Paris for a semester.  Now she lives in Lyon.  Genevieve is the kindest person, and her husband and family are just as kind, as well as her sister, who is Olympe's mother.  Both families hosted Golda and Ruby last summer, and they were wonderful!  We are thrilled to finally be reciprocating the kindness that was shown our girls by the Laveissiere and Neyrand-Roux families in France and the Altieris in Spain.

First stop:  Park City Olympic venues.  Really neat to see.




 They look like they're fighting over the torch.  Ha ha!
 I sent this photo to Victor's parents and said, "Don't worry, that's not Victor!"
 But that is!  The Alpine Slide is great because you get to ride the ski lift, see the views, and slide the slide.  Golda, Ruby, Olympe ane Victor dared the ride, while Chloe and I stayed at the bottom with Tolly and Tizzy.  Poor little Tolly was the kid from heck all morning.  His mouth still hurts from the dental work, and he was a huge whiner.  He was driving me nuts!  I finally got him a Park-City-priced sports drink, and then he sobbed because it tasted yucky.



Heaven is Cafe Rio poolside.
Perfect afternoon for two jetlagged girls, as well as the rest of us.  Aaaahhhh!
Ruby, Chloe, Golda, Olympe with Deer Valley in the background. 
Olympe looooooved the jacuzzi!



This is a great group of youngsters, I tell ya.  They have a good dynamic.  They're fun, easy-going, funny, and just fun to be with.  
When we had had enough sun and water, we cleaned up in the condo and I dropped the teens off to Explore Main Street.  The littles and I played at the Park City park and soaked in a gorgeous night.  On the way home, we swung by Burger King for a late-night snack.  I ordered a few things off the dollar menu and the Europeans were shocked at how cheap it was!  Yep, that's why we eat fast food.  Easy and cheap.  Sad but true!  We did have fresh Cafe Rio for lunch, so my guilt was asuaged somewhat.  And those dollar burgers and fries weren't too bad!





Chloe and Olympe brought us some chocolate and candy from France.  Amazing craftsmanship on this chocolate!  I almost don't want to eat it.  Almost!
This is our kitchen late at night, and I couldn't be more happy.
From the looks of it, Ptolemy agrees.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I almost want to come be your exchange student myself!