Sunday, July 20, 2014

Something Blue


The stage was set yesterday for the King shower.  Yep, in case you hadn't heard, Trajan is getting married!  Everyone is thrilled!  We love Micaela and already feel like she's part of the family.  The shower invite said "Something Blue," so we went with a blue theme.  (I sent an evite this time...still not convinced I'm ready to give up the old paper and stamp ways of the past, but it was easy, I'll admit.)  Once we got all of our blue food and decorations in place, Ruby said, "How can we make this look less like she's having a baby boy?"  Something to think about if you ever do a "Something Blue" wedding shower!  Also.  I shouldn't tell you this, but this morning, I uttered the words, for the first time in my life, "Green poop!  Fancy!"  Yes, Tziporah demonstrated the after-effects of the Something Blue theme quite descriptively.  Too much blue punch, perhaps?  Note to self for next time: blue containers, regular-colored food.

Xanthe and Esmae worked all morning Friday at Coco's house to make this banner.  I think it just added the perfect touch to the event.  It was so cute, Micaela's mom rolled it up at the end to use for another wedding-related BBQ.  Thanks, girls!
I wish I had gotten an "after" pic of the bulletin board, with cards from the guests stuck on it.  I used my friend Tiffany's wedding cards.  They're beautiful!  I also had each guest write her address on an envelope, then gave them to Micaela with thank-you notes and stamps.  Best shower idea ever.  I stole it from someone years ago, and I use it at every shower.
I was tickled pink by this blue car on our front porch, and the fun idea to put the "Just Married" sign on it.  Thanks for the execution, Golda!  It did confuse some people.  No, Trajan and Micaela aren't married yet.  They were tempted to elope while they were in Europe, but they didn't!

I told Ari to arrange the water bottles on the table, and I turned around to see this.  OK.

The second-to-last layer of the jello didn't set up, proving to me once again that recipes are important.  I think I forgot the gelatin on that layer.  I vaguely remember thinking it wouldn't matter.  It did.
Coco prepared byooootiful salads!
It had to be blue....
Still loving the car!
My friend Michelle did this multi-media canvas.  I thought the girl looked like the perfect bride for the occasion.
"One must not trifle with love."  
"One must always include a quote about trifle when one makes trifle in pint jars."
"One must also thank one's sister-in-law for the use of the jars."  Thanks, Nik!
Natalie, Micaela and Maryanne, sisters
Golda, Mary, Xanthe, Emily, Esmae, Julie (Mic's mom) and Micaela

Aunt Marla, Kylie, MAx, McKenna, Karen, Baby Ellie and Nana.  Nana looked quite spunky and stylish in her sunflower hat.
Tricia and Micaela.  We're so glad Tricia is here from Miami for all these festivities!
Allison and Ellie, Karen's baby
Mary, Circe and Samantha.  When Samantha walked in, she looked at me and said, "Ooooh, Circe's having a party...on her head!"  Tee hee!
Mary and her good friend, Elayne Finlinson
Kiser family tradition: the groom gets to kiss the bride once for each ribbon.

Three "sisters."  The family is complete!



Happiness abounds!  And there's more to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a fun party, great time with all and especially to be here to celebrate in the happiness and festivities for Micaela and Trajan. Thank you for the fun shower, all so color co-ordinated, great food and fun company. Love this blog and the pictures. Happiness to the Bride and Groom! xoxo Tricia

michelle said...

How fun! I love that picture with Trajan popping up in the middle.