Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Coco's Big Birthday

 On Sunday, Scott's birthday, after we had made the most of the morning, Scott went home to have a big birthday dinner ready for the kids when they got home from church.  They were looking forward to celebrating with Dad!  He prepared a Chinese dinner with egg rolls, fried rice, chow mein and Chocolate cake.  It looked like fun!  As for me, I stayed in Park City and waited for my mom and sisters-in-law to arrive for the next party!  October is a big month for us where celebrations are concerned.  This is a landmark birthday for Coco, so Emily arranged this girls' sleepover.  Thanks, Em!  Coco chose Red Rock, where I had to take pictures of our meal for Scott.  At the same time, he was taking pictures of his dinner with the kids for me.  I love Whatsapp.  It's so easy to send pictures, texts and videos.
My mom's elegant hand.
Back at the Ranch after dinner, we talked yoga.  Some of us even did more than talk!  But mostly, we talked. To each other.  Via Whatsapp.  Sad commentary on society, I know, but we were also including the boys back home in the messages, so it was like we were multitasking.


And here are some of the incoming messages, along with Trajan's musings on what to be for Halloween and Araceli trying to talk to the family at large about the book she's reading.  Book club, holiday planning, relaxing, and yoga, all in one.



And macaroons.  Can you believe they waited until I was gone to savor the Laduree macaroons that Coco brought back from Paris?  And then they had the nerve to send pictures!  Well I never.  At any rate, happy birthday, Mom!


1 comment:

Ernstfamilyfun said...

Oh I love the pictures of them eating the macaroons! The nerve!