Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Life's Colors

 I sure lucked out this weekend!  I ended up staying for three nights in Park City.  Monday morning, Emily and I came home to our kids while Coco and Micaela spent the day shopping for Coco's birthday.  The girls had really wanted to see the leaves, so we skipped out on a few dance classes, naughty us, and went back to Park City Monday night, picking up Ari in Salt Lake on our way up.  Ironically, it was dark the whole time we were up there!  Golda commented, in the midnight blue night, "Gee, the leaves are so colorful!"  Ha ha!  But we couldn't leave earlier, and we couldn't stay longer, so we just loved it anyway, and used our imaginations as we squinted to see the outlines of the mountain peaks in the inky darkness.
 All of us learned about the Mayans and the Persians as Ruby studied for her test in AP World Civ.  It's so cozy next to the fire!  I even set up the Christmas tree and put orange "Halloween lights" on it.  When it comes to a relaxing retreat,  I'm easy to please.  Massages, facials, manicures...none of that appeals to me.  Just give me a book and a fire, and throw in a pair of fluffy socks and four wonderful daughters.  And maybe some flash cards about ancient civilizations.


 Tuesday morning, our 7 am drive took us past breathtaking vistas, vast mountain ranges, multi-hued valleys...in the dark.  By the time everyone was in school, a beautiful day had dawned in Park City, I'm sure.  I turned my thoughts to Shelter lunch and soon was enjoying a nice fall meal with my friends.  We have plenty of Autumn here to feast our eyes on.  Besides, if you want to know the truth, the leaves peaked on Saturday in the mountains.  Saturday was vibrant, and I woke up Sunday to more muted tones, the Monday to flat-out browns and greys.  It doesn't matter what colors the mountains show, as long as the palette of our days includes friendship, love and laughter.



1 comment:

michelle said...

I swear you get more out of a day than anyone I know! Lunch was fantastic!