Monday, October 13, 2014

My Plan WAS...



 Met this guy at Sushi Blue Saturday night for a verrry good dinner.  Even though it was HIS birthday celebration, he patiently listened to me talk all about my amazing day.  And even though it was HIS birthday celebration, he had a whole bunch of gifts waiting for me at the Ranch after dinner.  Thoughtful gifts that were perfect, too.  And as per tradition, I then told him all about all the things I WAS going to get him for his birthday, if and when I suddenly became a kind, thoughtful person.  It didn't happen this year.  Maybe next year.  Later, Scott said, "I love all the things you WERE going to get me.  Thanks!"


 Breakfast at a Brazilian cafe at the bottom of Main Street the next morning.  Happy 44th, Scott!

 Huh, I didn't realize we were going to do a whole photo shoot!  I should have brought a cute little chalk board for Scott to hold that had written on it, "528 Months Old!"  OK, that would have been kinda funny.
 The leaves were positively glowing.  This is my outfit that my girls were concerned was too much, with the couch-print pants, the necklace, the sequined shirt, the scarf and the curled hair.  I reassured them that nobody would notice, and reminded them that if I'm going to look awesome, I'm going to look WAY TOO AWESOME.  Because it might not happen again for quite awhile.
 I exhaust him.
 The kids called to wish Scott a happy birthday while we were wandering Park City.  They were all home, getting themselves to church.  Oh happy day!
Of course, every day is a happy day with this guy.  Because you're so great, Scott, I WAS going to write a whole blog post about you, singing your praises.  But then Tziporah wouldn't take a nap and Golda forgot her flute for youth symphony and I had to glue a violin really quick.  But it was GOING to be a really nice post.  Because you're the best and you deserve it.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I'm glad you guys were able to get away. I hope the birthday weekend was wonderful. We love you Scott!