Saturday, November 29, 2014

Decorating Done Right


 I am very lazy.  I can tell by the fact that all I want to do today is lie on the couch, read my new Brooke Shields book and eat things.  Instead, I'm attempting to make the house shine like the top of the Chrysler Building, and only half succeeding.

So decorating for Christmas at Nana's house is right up my alley.  She has her little, white Christmas tree in a box.  You want tradition?  We got that!  This tree has been around since World War II.  You pull in out, plug it in and you're all set.
 Ditto the kitchen tree.

Outside decorations:  plastic door wreath.  Check!
This decoration was the most labor-intensive of all.  We actually had to put each candle jar on the wrought-iron and arrange the white plastic holly with the gold berries.  It took some creative thought!  Nana was chagrined to notice that one of the candle cups had gone missing.  How could this happen?  There was noplace for it to go!  It travels from the dining room table to the box in the garage, every year.  So if you see something like this in all your frenzied holiday shopping and exhaustive holiday decorating, bring it to Nana.  She'll be kicking back laughing at all the fuss as she pops another chocolate in her mouth and maybe reads her new Brooke Shields book on the couch.  (Wait.  That's me.)

No comments: