Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Final Finale Rehearsal


 My Chinese were the company girls' favorite people at Saturday rehearsals.  After rehearsing Waltz and Snow for an hour, the having their hot, steamy studio invaded by all the finale kids, they were only too happy to be fanned by the little girls.




 I get to stand along the barre in the front of the room with all the other teachers, two feet away from my own kids.  Then I get to take pictures and video of them!  It's highly embarrassing for them.  This last rehearsal, it didn't cross my mind that it was Golda's very last Nutcracker rehearsal of all time, and I'm glad it didn't register.  Because when it did hit me, I was sitting in the front row of the Browning Center all alone watching Company warm up before the first dress rehearsal.  I wanted to fall through the floor when I suddenly remembered.  I can't believe this chapter of Golda's life is coming to an end.  Everyone always says it ends, but you never truly believe how close that ending is until it happens.

And now it's happening, and it hits ya in the gut.  Scott texted me today and asked me if I could get him a ticket for Saturday night's Nutcracker performance.  Even though he's going to it on Thursday, he said, "I want to see Golda's last performance."

You see those saying like "Live each day as if it were your last," which is patently ridiculous.  That would be impossible.  It would just hurt too darn much.


Ouch!!!!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Can't wait to see them on Friday night. Such a special time of year.