Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mothers and Daughters


 My mom is even more darling when I get to share her with my friends.  "Shelter," had the marvelous idea to invite our mothers to lunch at Sarah's new home.  If you want to know the truth, some of our mothers had been angling for an invitation. ;)  Well, we don't need much encouragement to plan something like that.  It just sounded like too much fun to resist.

And it was.  Some of our mothers know each other, some not so well.  No matter, we all had a most lovely afternoon enjoying the beauty of Sarah's home.  My niece Lexie even came to take pictures, the event was so momentous.  I found a quote that said, "Good daughters make good mothers."  I think that is true, but I also have to give credit to our mothers.  If it weren't for their influence, none of us would even approach the level of happiness, comfort and success that we have achieved.  I'm not saying that any of us are these uber-successful women, but I certainly feel like we have gained, in large part, the things our parents hoped for us.  Perhaps they are as proud of us as we are of them.  I adore my mother, and I'm thankful to her for everything from Shakespeare to Dickens, from Paris to San Francisco, and everything in between.

All of the women at lunch have my undying respect and admiration, and a love that runs deep, if for nothing else than that they shaped some of the women I love the most.
 The Mouritsen women
 The Gustafson women
 The King Women
 Tiffany and Leslie, striking a pose that probably looked much the same in 1980 or 1990...
 Mary, Anita, Julie, Judy, GeNee and Ann.  Jen Ramsdell's mom couldn't come, so we all fought over who would adopt Jen for the day.


 The Bates Women


 The Watkins Women

 And the Butler Women.  They are SO much fun.
 And they make pies that look like this!
Sarah, thank you for providing the gathering place for a day that will go down in history.  Love ya!

1 comment:

michelle said...

Your gift with the written word did not fail you this time Circe! You captured the day and why it was so special perfectly! I'm still smiling about it.