Monday, June 8, 2015

Freestone Is Awesome

 Freestone had his final Morgan Elementary ballroom performance.  I had to teach until right when it started, and I thought it would be OK if I was 5, 10 minutes late.  It wasn't.  This was the world's shortest performance.  I got there 8 minutes late, I'm not kidding, and they were on the last dance.  I missed the whole thing, except for hanging out with Freestone in the hall and then going home.  Wow.  Mom Fail!  And Scott wasn't there either, because he was at Ptolemy's tee ball game.  No grandparents because...Mom Fail.  I forgot to tell them.  Chalk it up to Last Week of School Syndrome.


I did see the picture pose.
The next morning at violin, Freestone took a little nap during Xanthe's lesson.  He must have been all tuckered out from his ten-minute performance the night before.  This also just happened to be the last day of school, thank heavens!  I don't think we had any more gas left.  I told Xanthe and Freestone I would let them get TWO things at McDonald's before lessons instead of one, since it was the last day of school.  Bless their little hearts, they got up at 6 for an extra hash brown.  They're good kids.  And I get to have them home for the whole summer!  The day after school ended was a Friday, normally the day Araceli and I go to cello at 5:30.  This week, her lesson was on Wednesday, so it was all done when Friday rolled around.  I had to keep waking up on Friday morning to savor the fact that I was still in bed, and would be for the entire summer!  Oh heavenly days.  I can't believe we ever have to go back.  Let's just grab an extra hash brown and not think about that, though.

1 comment:

Ernstfamilyfun said...

LOL- he will survive. My parents hardly ever came to anything of mine.