Monday, June 22, 2015

Ooooooklahoma

The week before recital week was Oklahoma week.  That's two straight weeks of being at Weber State all day every day and all night every night.  It's super fun.  We all love it.  But meanwhile, laundry and everything else falls behind.  Oh well!  We all have our chores, and I throw in another load of wash every time I breeze through home, but still, we're just skimming off the top of the list of things that should be done.  Maintentance.  Just a chore and some practicing every morning and then...Oklahoma!


Oh, and art camp because why not add one more thing?  No, there was not a muppet massacre.  Ruby ran this 3 day event, and the kids all had lots of fun.
And then Araceli decided to learn Kreyol over the internet.  I don't know why it's not spelled Creole anymore.  You'll have to ask Araceli.  She got obsessed with these life-like baby dolls and wanted one.  We in the end decided to put that money ($150!!) toward helping an actual baby in Haiti.  Araceli loved that idea.  It's so cheap to pay for a year's worth of education in Haiti, and so life-changing.  Now Araceli is planning a humanitarian trip to Haiti through our friend Nancy's niece at Haitian Roots.

I should have had her try out for the play.
Fabulous wedding, Libby Fowler
My friend Jacy's beautiful quilts at the Kaysville Arts festival.
And the play.  Always the play.  Freestone complained about how much time it took and how he had to miss some ballet classes, but here he is trying to talk Henry into trying out next year.  Ha!  I knew he would love it!

He got pretty tired, though. Lol

Scott got the job of spotlight, which was fun and easy, and he got to be in the audience doing the spotlight for all 4 performances.  He also had the misfortune of doing spot for "longest day," the 12 hour rehearsal.  He didn't realize that would go down like that.  Yep.  Jana puts these shows together in 8 weeks, which is pretty incredible.  She has it down to a science.  Still, a production takes a lot of unavoidable time where you're thinking, "What the heck is going on?  Let's go!"  Jana is the most streamlined director my kids have even worked with, not that they've done a ton of plays, but I do appreciate her condensed rehearsal schedule.
My job was mics.  I love mics because I get to be backstage.
My pocket took this picture.  It's kinda what the whole week was like.
And yet Tizzy still felt like strolling through meadows, wishing for ponies with pink hair.  I think I have a bunch more pics of the production.  I'll have to check.

No comments: