Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Summer Light

I took Ruby to guitar and brought some little gnomes with me to keep me company and get bubble tea.  Afterwards, it was such a sublime evening, we stopped off at Temple Square to take pictures.  The light was golden and effervescent, and I just had to place Ruby in it, with her golden hair and glowing guitar.  Notice how the kids don't have shoes or matching clothes.  While thy weren't the subjext of the photo shoot, they clearly idolize Ruby, so they appeared in several pictures, in all their end-of-a-summer-day splendor.  I love it! 
 Ruby is a musician with innate talent.  She just has a good ear and instincts.  And then she practices.  Classical guitar is anything but easy.  Ruby was playing her violin one day and made the comment, "Violin is so easy.  You only have to play one note at a time."  One day, Ruby took a violin to seminary.  She had volunteered to play a few hymns.  For some reason, she decided to play something she had never played before.  You can't pull that off on a guitar!  I couldn't pull it off on a violin, either, but Ruby has confidence beyond what I can imagine.  I love that about her.

As for guitar, it's like the pied piper.  Listening is intoxicating.  Maybe she should have done some panhandling during our photo shoot!  Next time, right?













































2 comments:

Catherine said...

SOOOO many beautiful pictures!!! Ruby is beautiful!

LOL - The one with she and Tizzy with her guitar case reminds me of the Sound of Music!

Jennie said...

I love all these pictures. Rubes is stunning both on the outside and the inside. She has a heart of gold.