Monday, December 22, 2008

Share the Love


Everyone knows how much I adore my Lovebox collection. Last year, I started a tradition of giving each of my kids a Lovebox for Christmas. Scott and Santa Claus do all the other shopping around here, so this is my thing. It's so much fun to peruse the Lovebox shop and choose just the right box for each kid. This year, Tiffany made a new box with a Chinese girl on it, wearing Chinese pajammas, so I knew right away which box Xanthe would love. For Ruby, I had to get the owl box because of the cherry blossoms on it. I fell in love with the red Matroyshka box and chose it for Golda. Our collection couldn't be complete without the black cat box, in honor of our own black cat, so I chose that one for Araceli. Freestone got a deep red box with a beautiful green Christmas tree on the lid, which he hid in a special place before I could take a picture of it. It's probably full of rocks or snow by now. The dove box is the one that Tiffany gave me for Christmas. Each one is my favorite, just like each of my kids is my favorite!

I wrapped each little box in a big, fluffy bag and let all the kids open them one at a time. They are proud to have their own little box collections, and I'm happy to share something so fun with them. Thanks for your art, Tiffany!

4 comments:

love.boxes said...

You are so kind Circ. I hope the kids all love their boxes. :)

Michelle said...

I love having such a unique collection too. I was so excited to get my new one this year too! I love this new tradition of yours.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful boxes. I'm excited for Em to open hers. Merry Christmas!

SSWS said...

I think that they are so appropriately named! Tiffany definitely puts "love" into these little boxes. They inspire me everyday. Great post, Circe!