Friday, December 12, 2008

Trouble in River City


Roll out the seventy-six trombones. Golda has been cast as a River City Kid in The Music Man. She is so excited at the prospect of being in a play. I'm sure it will call for lots of driving, scheduling conflicts, ringlets and late nights, but Golda was built for that kind of lifestyle. Scott took her to both the audition and the callback. I had sold the job to him as "running Golda to an audition really fast right after flute." As he waited for hours with the other parents, he texted me, "I am not a stage dad."

We'll see. People grow into their roles. He's whistling "Wells Fargo Wagon" again.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Congratulations G! Way to go! We can't wait to see you perform.

SSWS said...

Where can we get tickets? As you all know, this is one of my FAVORITES! This was one of the few plays that I ever made (everybody did at Happy Hollow) but I have loved the music and story ever since! GREAT JOB, GOLDA!

love.boxes said...

Congratulations to Golda! This is one of my favorite musicals. My dad was THE Music Man in his HS production and he knows all the parts by hearts still. If we ever did anything wrong.. we knew there would be "trouble in Rivercity!" You are going to have the most fun! We need tickets.. so let us know when and where!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Ruby. What a fun musical!