Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another (Almost) Finished Room




This is Araceli and Ptolemy's room in its incomplete form. Only Ari is in there now, with her gorgeous new hot air balloon bedding that I found on ksl.com for $65.00. That was for all the bedding and two framed hot air balloon prints, and all of it had only been used in a model home. I love deals! And it looks so cute. When we move Ari's beautiful grown-up desk in, the room will be so sophisticated! Ari feels pretty mature moving out of the pink phase. She's still a princess at heart, though. A very volatile princess. After more crying jags and tantrums that I can count today, Ari informed me at bedtime, "I lived with you in heaven and I chose you to be my mom." I had read Jennie's post and watched the video about the feathers earlier, and I was so thankful that Jennie's insight had inspired me to react to Ari's extreme moods today with patience. (Thanks, Jen!) I was able to see Ari as a child doing her best to cope and feeling overwhelmed, and react with empathy rather than harsh words. For this night, at least, Araceli can rest in her new surroundings feeling loved. I'm glad she chose me to be her mom, and I'll always try to live up to the honor.

6 comments:

SSWS said...

I love the drapes! Your home is looking so great...and I'm glad Ari chose you too!

The homestead said...

The room looks so good. I love it. Thanks for the visit Monday.

Jennie said...

Ahhhh! Thanks Circ for the shoutout. It was a pretty crappy day, but things are already looking bright.

Ari! I love your new room! It looks awesome.

laurel said...

Wow...nice!

love.boxes said...

Ari! Look at you my friend.. sharing the place of honor with the new baby. You will be a wonderful big sister to this new baby and show him all the good things about planet earth.. I know you will! Your new room is just beautiful and so you. Hot air balloons remind me of you because you like to do great big things. Have fun in your new room. Can't wait to hear how you like it.

Michelle said...

If I hadn't chosen Judy Butler I think you would definitely have been on my short list too. The room looks SO cute!