Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tabula Rasa





The empty, white basement has been a tempting blank canvas for some little artists to work in. I think Golda was inspired by Angela Bentley Fife's still lifes of special articles of clothing. She is painting this little blue coat I wore as a child. Ruby and Scott came up with the idea of a Rothko-inspired canvas for Ruby's bedroom, using her colors. It's abstract enough to not require technical perfection, and it looks awesome on the wall. I love it that anything a child paints on a canvas turns out fun and creative.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruby, you have talent. I love the creativity and your room looks great:)

The Brown Family said...

Circe,

We had so much fun last night and my girls had fun playing with Golda and Ruby. As I have taken a minute to look at your blog, we have so much in common!

We will have to get together again! I'm gonna follow your blog if you don't mind :)

Love
Kim Brown

Lisa and Tate said...

What a great little artist! I see some promise in her.

love.boxes said...

Wonderful Golda and Ruby! Love those paintings.. what a great room! Maybe it should stay like that ... it's fabulous!