Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ptolemy Orson



He made it! He was breech again this afternoon, but the doctor turned him easily. Then we waited. Golda, Ruby, Araceli, Freestone, Grandma and Grandpa, Coco and Bill and Uncle Trajan were there for the whole last part, only to have me send them out at the very end. I was getting tired and thought the kids might be getting nervous. He was born soon after, and the crowd was called back in to see their slimy, beautiful baby brother. Golda cut the cord and everyone got to hold him. I think all the kids fell in love.

So...7 lbs, 7 oz, dark hair, looks just like Scott. We owe big thanks to Nadine and Jennie and Ryan for watching Xanthe, who is just too little to appreciate being here. And big thanks to the grandparents and Trajan who brought the other kids and took care of them so they could witness the birth. If you have a baby, you"ll want someone like Scott there. Scott was amazing during the delivery. So was my doctor. Right before I stared pushing, she had the nurse change one of my hospital-issued socks to a different color so that I'd be wearing mismatched socks. See? She knows me! Karen is fantastic.

We'll be posting an obnoxious number of pictures of this boy. Just a warning!

17 comments:

Julie C. said...

What a BEAUTIFUL baby!!! His head and face look too round and perfect to have just gone through his birth. Congratulations! What an exciting time in your life and for your family. I am glad your kids got to be there - what an amazing experience for them. Maybe they will appreciate you a little more. Get rested - you will be back at the studio before you know it (luckily for your students).

Queen Elizabeth said...

A huge congratulations to you!!! You look amazing Circe!!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! Ptolemy is one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen! You look wonderful, too. I'm so happy for your family!

SSWS said...

ooooohhhhhhh! He is so beautiful! Like a little cherub! I can't wait to hold him. I'm so happy for you all!

Lexie said...

Congrats Circe, I am glad he turned for you. I can't wait to see him!

Michelle said...

I am so glad he is here safely! I thought about you all night! I think you may have tried to send me a text about his safe arrival but I am too techno-phob to figure it out. He is so beautiful! You all look happy and wonderful! So glad he likes his blanket too!

Sarah Barber-Bazail said...

He's adorable!!! He looks like Scott and Ruby! We got worried last night when we hadn't heard from anyone. We are sooo glad that all is well and that little Ptolemy is here. We cant wait to meet him. Alex saw the picture and said, "oh look, it little Ptolemy"...... We love you guys!

Jennifer said...

This is wonderful news. You look fabulous, Circe. I agree, his beautifully round face is striking. Maybe there's a method to breech madness?

Welcome to the world, Ptolemy!

Cathy Christiansen said...

Congratulations Circe!

Taylor Family said...

I am in love already!!! I can't wait to see him and hold him. He does look like a little Scott and Ruby. I am so glad things went well. Karen is the best doctor.

Unknown said...

Congrats!! It is amazing how much he looks like Scott. That's the first thing I noticed (Oliver came out just like a little mini-Jamison). Ptolemy is already so beautiful, no weird alien baby for you! Congrats and best of luck to you and the fam.

Michelle said...

He's beautiful, and now you have a little boy that looks just like a King, and a little boy that looks just like a Dopp, well technically like a Hill as Scott looks just like Grandpa Hill, and looks like Ptolemy is going to be the spitting image of his Great Grandpa he's named after. We can't wait to see him, and will stop by next week. Jake is dying to see the baby, he keeps asking about him. He also keeps correcting how I say Ptolemy, apparantly I'm not pronouncing it to his satisfaction, and as he said "I've been talking about him every day mom". :)

We love you all, even if Scott did forget to call, and I was a bit worried all night. :)

Erin said...

Congratulations on your little man! So glad that everyone is safe and sound. You all look so dreamy & happy!

Josh, Em, Esmae and Abram said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so happy to have another Dopp of the Circe and Scott variety in the family! We love you all and can't wait to get home to see Ptolemy.

Amanda said...

He DOES look like Scott! Congratulations! He's darling! And you look WAY too good for just having given birth!

Lisa and Tate said...

He is so handsome!!! Congrats to your family.... Can't wait to meet him.

love.boxes said...

You look wonderful already! Hooray! It looks like it was a beautiful birth! Many congratulations!