Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday Parties, Volume One

Xanthe's spur-of-the-moment gingerbread party. Four-year-olds are so easy. You just show up at their house and throw them in your car. A lot of times, they are already wearing princess attire, and they're always more than willing to roll out dough and spread frosting. I sent them home with a plate of goopy creations tagged with Emily's artful gift tags.

I love being on the ward activities committee. I wish there were a way to earn tenure in church callings. Here's the "before" picture of the Brazilian Barbeque for three hundred.

Xanthe's preschool program. Her expression is, "See? I'm sitting on Santa's lap. Are you happy?"

Ptolemy's first sushi party...and if we're lucky, he'll take us to more in the future. The food was incredible. Ptolemy rocked the plaid pants. You should have seen him flirting with the girl babies.

Lunch with the Davis Girls at Christine's house, which is amazingly immaculate and inviting. And it's not built sideways. I'm just not good with the camera. Which reminds me, I didn't get a single picture of one of my favorite holiday parties, the official Davis girls Christmas party at Tiffany's house. It's heaven there, and you leave with major swag. Nobody ever takes pictures. We're always having way too much fun.

Circe's Cookie Exchange. If you didn't get an invitation, it's probably under the seat of my car. Never let the lack of an invitation stop you from showing up at my house, especially if there's a party. Of course you're invited! Tolly's little friend Gabriel had a great time.

Golda's Cookie Exchange and Tree Trimming Competition. Her friends brought great cookies, were very creative with their trimming, and were louder than Xanthe's friends! I didn't even think that was possible. Having the house full of seventh grade girls was, like, so much fun! Oh my gosh!


Lexie and Isabella's dance recital wasn't a party, but it sure felt like one with all the adorable costumes and the ice cream after! Lexie lit up the stage in several dances. She got me choked up a little, she's so graceful and talented. Izzy was the most precious Suzy Snowflake there ever was. She melted my heart!

And that's round one. Round two: The DeBry party.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

NOBODY parties like the Dopps! I have to go to bed now, that post made me so tired! There really is nothing better than a party at your house!

Anonymous said...

You know how to celebrate. It all looked fun (and exhasting!) Wishing you a very Merry Christmas:)

Jennie said...

Can I just say.... whew! I'm tired and I just read about it - I didn't do all the work. You know how to party and I love it! We all get to have so much more fun because of your energy and enthusiasm.

Thank you for always supporting us! We are so lucky to have you.

Jennifer said...

The ward party was incredible! Who came up with using yellow, green and blue strands of lights in the tree shape? Was that you? (And how does one find lights in that color scheme?)

Remind me sometime to tell you my Brazil joke.