Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Parties, Volume Two


Adults only party with the Dopp siblings. It's relaxing and fun and a bit eerie to hang out without the noise of 20 little kids falling off the trampoline and screaming in the background! I love this tradition. Especially the Chinese food! (I stole your pictures, Jennie. Thanks!)

Araceli's cookie exchange party. Lots of cute little second graders decorating trees and exchanging cookies...just like Golda and her friends. I told them they could use whatever they could find to decorate the trees, and they were sure creative. However, nothing makes dads grumpier than the kind of creativity where you find the TV remote inside a tennis shoe on the Christmas tree after an exhaustive search. (He looked for 20 minutes to no avail. I looked for 20 seconds and found it.)


Sleighriding/Christmas/birthday party at Sarah's...Happy Birthday, Dear Sarah on Christmas Eve and Dear Christine on Christmas Day.

PT and his cronies kickin' it on the floor. Kickin' each other, to be more precise. Hence the tears. Or maybe it was that Isaac doesn't want to share his Sprite and Tolly knows it has to bee something good. Mack and Morgan look as easygoing as their mom!


I saw Tiffany smiling at this group of youngsters, and I know why. It was fun to see them laughing together. They are growing up so beautifully!

Not every Utah game results in a party, but when it's a bowl game and Scott has a new TV system in the basement and The Boys use Christmas china to eat their chips and salsa, it's a party. I make it sound like watching the first game in Scott's new theater wasn't a big deal. IT WAS. Scott has been looking forward to this day since before the dawn of time. Or something like that. Thank heavens the Utes won, those classless jerks!

Now it's Christmas Eve Eve and the only party left is the one that will top all the others, Christmas Eve at Grandma's house. Let the party begin!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can't believe I missed that fun! Good thing my kids didn't know about it! I love Scott and his bros in the new basement.