Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Yes You Can!

I am all about Yes this Christmas season.

Yes, I will go to all of the grocery stores to find the cutest Corn Starch for Ari, Free and Xanthe's friend gifts. (Google "corn starch craft." It's fun!)

Yes, you can mold all the gingerbread dough into cartoon shapes.

Yes, all four-year-olds who cross our threshold can stay and make gingerbread cookies! We were so lucky to have Emmy come and play! Xanthe loves her! Thanks, Nate. She watched Ptolemy very carefully! :)

Yes, I will take seven kids to a movie and enjoy it immensely. (The secret is to sit behind them so they can't see you if they have a problem. No mom, no problems. Funny how that works.) And yes, let's take 20 or 30 pictures of Ptolemy with a bag of popcorn after the movie.

Yes, paint with oil paints. I'm glad I didn't say no to Golda on this one. I love it!

Yes, think of a friend gift that requires three trips to Ben Franklin and the use of a hot glue gun. And yes, feel free to start several unrelated projects simultaneously because hot glue guns are so much fun. Yes, eat as much candy as you can. Yes, have cookies for dinner. Yes, stay up late. Yes, we can go to the store. Yes, I will read you that Christmas book.

I'm saying yes now partly because it's Christmas and I'm having fun and there is excitement in the air. And partly because starting on the 26th, I'm afraid all my answers will be, "No. I'm too tired!" But that's what January is for.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are lucky to have a mom who's into Christmas. Thank you so much for watching Em the other day. She had a lot of fun!

Jenny said...

I think I need to take a lesson from you Circ. My little Chuckie could use a yes or two, because we all know all she ever hears is NO!

Michelle said...

The movie was so fun, I should have sat with you guys though. You are so much smarter than I. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Michelle said...

I LOVE this post!

love.boxes said...

Thank you for the "carn storch" that's how you say it like my mom in Cache Valley :)

I love, LUV Golda's painting. Perfection!