Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Real Deal?


Is this The Real Santa? Last year at the family party, Freestone called Santa out on his eyewear, shouting, "Hey! Santa is wearing my dad's glasses!"

This year, I saw Santa hanging out in the church kitchen at the ward party. I thought Xanthe might want to see him, so I sneaked her into the kitchen for a peek. She cautiously followed me, not knowing what I wanted to show her. One glimpse of Santa and she shouted, "OH NO!"
She ran away screaming and wouldn't go anywhere near him all night, not even for a candy cane. Afterwards, she said to me, "I didn't want Bill to come to the party and wear that costume." I'm not sure if we lose credibility or gain it by having so many of Santa's helpers in our family, but Xanthe is decidedly NOT impressed.

2 comments:

The homestead said...

Your dad makes a great Santa! Can't wait to see Santa Saturday.

laurel said...

That is so funny! Sad too, but funny. She is pretty smart to recognize him! We are going on a cruise the 18th. We will be back the 29th. Not saying anything about it on the blog. SO have a MERRY Christmas, if I don't get a post up before then, to tell all those I love.