Thursday, December 3, 2009

Jerk Store



Having such a perfect husband can be a lot of work. I know he's a good one, so I have to take care of him. I don't want him pulling a Tiger Woods on me. So I woke up early to make a breakfast casserole. He took one look at it and gagged. I asked him a computer question "so he would feel smart" and he retorted in a sarcastic voice. I briefed him on what I have planned for the rest of the day (for him) and he growled. The poor guy has a wife who goes around with reject 1987-era bangs wearing ill-fitting clothes. But I know he still likes me because when he criticized my wardrobe choices this morning, I said, "Then get your sorry *$$ to the mall and buy me some new clothes," and he laughed. And he's probably at the mall right now. Tell me the truth, how many of you have seen him about town this morning? I hope he was buying women's clothing, because he already looks good. If he tries to fit one more linen shirt or sweater "that was $4.99, regular $90.00," in his side of the closet, I'll have to get rid of my stuff altogether.

I'm lucky to have Scott. If he gets out of hand, I just say, "Oh yeah? Well I went to the Jerk Store and they were out of YOU!" It's nice to have a husband who knows what you're talking about when you refer back to the days of classic Seinfeld. What more could you ask for?

8 comments:

Jennie said...

So funny! That's all I have to say about that. (That's my forest gumpism for the night.)

Jennifer said...

What's he doing in that bottom pic -- glaring down the dingos?

Plumptom said...

That is so great!!!! Love it!

Plumptom said...

For crying out loud, my kids have been onmy computer again! Plumptom is me, LAurel.

The Brown Family said...

I was hysterical just at the title. Couldn't click over fast enough from my blogger dashboard :)

Kim

C and MC said...

Circe, you need to stop blogging because whenever I read your posts I just want to BE you, your just too hilarious. Scott was so nice when he came to get Golda last night. It was nice to meet him.

Anonymous said...

Scott is incredible but he is also very very lucky to be your husband!

Michelle said...

You guys are a perfect fit.