Monday, May 17, 2010

Teacher Gifts

These are a few of my favorite things,
To prepare teachers for what summer brings.
Color-themed gifts in a cellophane bag,
Tied up with string and a colorful tag.

They are gifts from the wee Dopps
As gestures of thanks.
We've had some great teachers
Who've joined our friend ranks.

They deserve something pricey;
Their skill makes me weep.
But with seventeen teachers,
I got something cheap.

Sunscreen and candy,
A Sharpie and gum.
I hope they don't think
This small gesture is dumb.

My gratitude's such
It could take up a tome,
But time's running short,
So I made up this poem:

Because of you,
I didn't get dumber.
Thank you for teaching me.
Have a great summer!

9 comments:

Jennie said...

So cute! You should make up a few extra and sell them to your lazy SIL. :) (That's me, not any of the other 5)

Michelle said...

Love it! I stole the last verse for our teachers but the full poem is amazing!

Eliza2006 said...

I think it's great...not a single one of my students gets me a gift. The one you are giving would probably bring a tear to my eye!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Adorable!

The Brown Family said...

Perfect. I'm going to be a copycat.

Kim

laurel said...

That is awesome!!!! And a big thank you fro reminding me that it is time. I have so much to do with Spakespeare week (Kens is in the play and I am in charge of the big feast), AUstin being gone, Civil War Days, Nini being sick, that I forgot! What would I do with out you. You are always on the mark!

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute. How do you find the time to do all you do?

Kristi said...

You're so clever - they will love 'em!

sws said...

so cute! Love the coconut m&m's...the whole package makes me excited for summer...just imagine how the teachers feel. Great idea!