Saturday, December 29, 2012

Going Off the Egg Nog Cliff

We have a serious crisis here.  It's almost January, the dreaded time that the stores stop selling egg nog.  I don't know what we're going to do.  Egg nog is a way of life here.  We never drink it straight, we always mix it with something.  I think that started when I was a kid, because it was so expensive and also so rich, that we mixed it with milk.

Now we have:

Coke Nog (It is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!)

Pink Nog (with Pomegranate Sprite)

Orange Nog (with orange juice)

Sprite Nog

Milk Nog

and Ari's new invention, Snow Nog.  You pour egg nog over a big glass of fresh snow.  (Don't talk to me about germs.  The pioneers survived, didn't they?  Oh wait...a lot of them died.  All of them, really, at this point.)

Anyway, I just don't know what we're going to do when we can't enjoy our favorite beverages anymore.  I guess January is for austerity.  I certainly wouldn't be able to lose all this holiday weight if I kept pounding back the Coke Nog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, memories of Coke Nog!..and orange juice nog and milk nog, I think that was because like you said it was expensive!. Have tried all three of these but not the others. Now, excuse me, I have got to go out and buy some egg nog and the other ingredients you mentioned and have some egg nog before it is too late!...all except for the snow nog!..would ice from the ice maker do the trick? M-mmmmmm can taste it now!..but the coke nog I think the best!.xo Tricia

Catherine said...

Hannah loves 'Christmas drink!' Sadly our last carton will be gone tomorrow. Poor thing will go into withdrawal.

Next year will have to try some of your creations as well as a Pinterest recipe I found for Egg Nog poundcake. Mmmmm!